1 dead, 7 seriously ill after drinking bottle of poison found in Almeria street

1 person has died, four are on life support and three others are seriously ill after they shared a bottle of guiski they found in the street in Almeria city.

J.E.R., a 31 year old Moroccan man found the apparently intact bottle of generic whisky in a bag with some soft drinks and called a few of his mates round to break it open.

Sadly, it turned out to contain industrial undiluted pesticide.

All of the people were from El Ejido, down to Almeria city for the festival, and were five Spaniards and three Moroccans.

Ambulances were called to Trajano street at 2:20 pm after a passer by found the all unconscious in the street. Due to the presence of the bottle, paramedics first thought they were all in a drunken stupor, but after J.E.R. went into convulsions they realised they were dealing with something more serious.

National Police agents are currently investigating to see whether this was a tragic accident or a planned incident.

Facebooktwittermail

One Reply to “1 dead, 7 seriously ill after drinking bottle of poison found in Almeria street”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*