Mojácar to build 50k€ walkway

Mojácar has signed an agreement with the local GDR (rural development group) to build a 9 km senderismo ramblers path from La Mena to Macenas.

The walkway, which one presumes will be at least graveled, will have informative billboards along the route which ramblers may deface with a penknife. Two informative huts will also be built for ramblers to relax and study local wildlife from. The route is circular, whatever that means (so, is it 4,5km long there and back, or 18km there and back? hmm).

The GDR will pay 80% of the cost, Mojácar the other 20% and work will start soon. The route will be built to specifications from the Andalucian Federation of Mountain Walking, in order to have it included in official guidebooks, etc.


One Reply to “Mojácar to build 50k€ walkway”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.