Spain will ban smoking in all public places

Trinidad Jiménez, in an interview with El Mundo (link), Minister of Health, has confirmed that it is her intention to ban smoking in all public places, including bars and restaurants, by next year.

Bar and restaurant owners have responded with fury, although consumers are happy. “People come to bars to drink, smoke and say stupid things” said one annoyed bar owner.

If I remember correctly, Trinidad claimed that 70% of all Spaniards wanted to ban smoking in public. One assumes that the other 30% own the bars.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.